This is a list of resources I've been compiling as I learn more about the Jobs to be Done theory.
Bob Moesta has amazing bonafides. He started his career as an intern to Dr. W. Edwards Deming, AKA the father of the quality movement. Lean and Six Sigma can be traced back to Deming's work. He is one of the principal architects of the Jobs to be Done theory. He has worked closely with Clayton Christensen of the Harvard Business School, and is an Adjunct fellow at the Clayton Christensen Institute.
- Video of Bob Moesta explaining Jobs to be Done
- Video of Bob Moesta explaining The Causality of Consumer Behavior
- Video of a Jobs to be Done Interview
- Bob Moesta's Consultancy: The Rewired Group
- Book: The Jobs-to-be-Done Handbook*
Clayton Christensen is a professor at the Harvard Business School as well as co-founder of Innosight, a strategy and innovation consultancy. He is probably most well known for his work surrounding disruptive innovations which he wrote about in his book The Innovators Dilemma.
- Book: Competing Against Luck*
- Book: The Innovators Solution*
- Harvard Business Review Articles
- Understanding the Job: The Milkshake Video
- Book: When Coffee & Kale Compete
- Alan has many excellent Medium Articles about jobs to be done, innovation, and many other topics.
Tony Ulwick, founder of the innovation firm Strategyn, offers up a process that is basically an operationalized version of the JTBD theory called Outcome Driven Innovation (ODI). He shares a ton of resources about ODI on his website and on Youtube.
* I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.